August 28, 2015 - End of August Marketplace Sale
The heat of summer is slowly beginning to dissipate. Before we know it, a chill and the rustle of leaves will fill the air, and soon after, the jingle of Santa Glug's sleigh will be heard...
But summer has not left us yet! And to savor the last bits of August, there is a SALE this weekend in the Marketplace.
From 12:00PM (Noon) Pacific on Friday, August 28, 2015 through 12:00PM (Noon) Pacific on Monday, August 31, 2015 the following will be available at deep discounts:
-Legends of Norrath booster packs
-Legends of Norrath booster bundles
-XP Potions (including those on Ragefire & Lockjaw!)
August will be over soon, and so will these discounts. Don't miss out on this month's end sale!
August 27, 2015 - Server Population History
We've been tracking EQ server population for some time now, but haven't yet done anything with this data. We decided to put together a script that displays a few points of data. This data can be accessed from the Server Status page, or from the links below.
24 Hour - This simply shows the Down/Low/Medium/High points over the past 24 hours in 10 minute intervals.
1 week - This shows the daily and hourly averages for the past 1 week.
1 month - Shows the daily and hourly averages for the past month.
6 month - Shows the daily and hour averages for the past six months.
Antonius Bayle (EU)
Fippy Darkpaw (TLP)
Firiona Vie (RP)
Vox (New Player)
August 24, 2015 - Create Fake Links Tool
Making Fake Links in EverQuest has been increasingly popular among the players over the years. Many people like to use Fake Links to add color to pulling messages, assist messages, or just for fun.
We've created a tool to help players create Fake Item Links. But that's not all, we are finally revealing how to create Fake Achievment Links, and Fake NPC Dialogue Links! Our new all in one tool will allow you to create all of these links.
I personally enjoy the Fake NPC Dialogue links. They create the light blue text that NPC's give when you hail them to begin a quest. If someone clicks on your Fake NPC Dialogue Link, their character will automatically repeat the linked text in /say.
You can access this new tool in our Articles section, or by Clicking Here. There's also a great how-to guide, which explains everything you need to know in order to set up these links!
Post your screen shots here of your fun Fake Links, or pop in our Serverwide channel and show them to us! To join our channel from in game, simply type:
August 23, 2015 - GamParse v184.108.40.206 Update
GamParse has been updated today by Beimeith with many bug fixes and new additions. You can download the stand alone v220.127.116.11 at the GamboSoft Downloads Page, or simply restart GamParse if you have the Auto Update version!
Check out the Change Log here!
August 21, 2015 - Kunark unlock vote soon for RF (few months for LJ)
It's that time for the Ragefire progression server... the voting period to unlock the Ruins of Kunark is almost upon us!
Starting around Midnight Pacific Time on the morning of Monday, August 24, 2015, Ragefire players will be able to vote to unlock Kunark for their server. This vote will last for two weeks. Once the vote starts, any character that is level 30 or higher can go to the Priest of Discord to submit their vote.
After two weeks, if a majority of the server votes to unlock Kunark, that content will unlock at Midnight Pacific Time on the morning of Monday, September 7. If a majority of the server does NOT vote to unlock the Ruins of Kunark on Ragefire, this vote will reoccur every two weeks until the vote passes.
Special note: Once the vote passes, some NPCs, boats, or other game features may require an hour or so to pop up in-game. Paid transfers from Ragefire to Lockjaw will also be closed during this window in preparation for the content unlock, and the last day for transfers is planned for Monday, August 31.
Lockjaw Players: Due to the time that the raid content was cleared on this server, your Kunark vote is scheduled to start on Tuesday, December 1, 2015.
How will you vote, when the time to unlock the Ruins of Kunark comes to YOUR progression server?
August 20, 2015 - EQResource's 4th Anniversary + Housing Contest
Four years ago today we first launched EQResource.com, and we had no idea what to expect. Prior to launch, we spent a month preparing what little content we started out with. Just the House of Thule expansion, which had already been released for nearly a year. Our aim was to create an EverQuest information resource for the players, maintained by dedicated active players of the game, without any personal bias or guild influence.
Over our 4 year journey our little website has become more popular than we ever expected. It's motivated us to build on our way of sharing information and data - each and every new expansion that we've covered we have added new features and updated our page layouts to be easier to use and more informative. You may have already noticed we have been undergoing the long and tedious process of updating our old content to use our new page display styles, and displayed data. We will continue to work on this until all of our content has a standard layout and format to it.
We have a few new features we will be releasing over the next couple weeks. We hope our users take advantage of them and find them useful. Be on the lookout for more information and announcements as they are ready to be released!
We've also set up another Housing Contest! Help us celebrate our 4 year Anniversary by decorating your Player Yard and Player house! We will take entries for this contest through September 20th, and announce 4 winners on September 23rd. Don't miss your chance to have fun decorating, and win some Daybreak Cash in doing so! You can find all the details for that contest on our 4th Anniversary Housing Contest thread.
We would like to thank all of our EQResource users for supporting us and making us a popular EQ information website over the years. And a special thanks to our Premium Members who help fund our server, hosting, and domain bills. We wouldn't be able to keep the site online and updated without each of you!
- Riou and Rorce
August 17, 2015 - Patch on Wednesday 8/19
All EverQuest Live Servers will be brought offline on Wednesday, August 19, 2015 at 6:00AM Pacific* for the August update. Servers will be unavailable for approximately two hours.
Keep an eye on the EverQuest forums and social media for status updates and for news if additional downtime is needed.
Check this out and more in our EQ Calendar (Be sure to set it to your time zone [in settings on the Calendar] for your times!).
DBStr Changes: http://spells.eqresource.com/dbstrhistory.php?mdy=08192015
EQStr Changes: http://spells.eqresource.com/eqstrhistory.php?mdy=08192015
Spell Changes: http://spells.eqresource.com/history.php?mdy=08192015
August 19, 2015
*** Highlights ***
- Fixed an issue with turbo processors causing players to run very fast/very slow.
- All non-caster classes have gained a set of innate AAs that increase skill damage at all times. Some burn disciplines have had power reduced. See the Spell and AA sections for details.
- Added an AA ability for all pet classes that reduces the amount of hate your pet will generate.
- Fixed several issues with the Frenzied Burnout AA line for Magicians.
- Magician and Necromancer pets are now weaker in large numbers against some raid targets on Progression Servers. See that section below for details.
*** Items ***
- Added augmentation slots to a handful of miscellaneous armor and weapons that did not previously have them.
- Magician - Corrected the following issues with the Obedient Companion line of spells cast by magician robes:
- - Renamed these spells to follow a simpler standardization.
- - Robes obtained in The Darkened Sea (excluding Castaway Robe of the Conjuror) will now focus Bolt of Molten Shieldstone rather than Bolt of Molten Magma.
- - Increased the amount of focus damage that TDS robes will add to Bolt of Molten Shieldstone.
- - The Companion's Strikes triggered by the TDS robes can now be cast when your pet backstabs in addition to when it bashes. This gives the water pet the ability to utilize this buff.
- - Corrected several inconsistencies where some robes in the series were casting a lower level version of the bolt focus spell than they should have been.
- The Doljonijiarnimorinar axe now has a positive weight instead of a negative weight.
*** Quests & Events ***
- A cold wind blows through the caverns below the spires that sit at the center of Luclin's deadliest mountains. Practitioners of the dark arts may be interested in seeking this out.
- Plane of Sky - The Djinn quest givers that inhabit the halls below the first island have had their respawn time reduced from 2.4 hours to 20 minutes.
- Alerts have been created for Living Legacy and Brew Day events!
- Alerts for recurring events should show up again if you had dismissed them in years past.
*** Spells ***
- Damage dealt by a defender to their attacker as a result of a damage shield will no longer display two lines of text when this damage is dealt.
- Implemented a new timer ID (-1) for melee abilities that allows them to be used independently.
- Beastlord - Reduced the skill damage modifier on the caster's portion of Bestial Fury Discipline and Empathic Fury by 50, Savage Fury by 13-16, and Savage Rage by 10-16 due to innate AA increases. This is designed to keep melee burns the same (or higher) while increasing damage at all other times.
- Berserker - Moved all axe summoning abilities from timer 7 to timer -1.
- Berserker - All abilities that summon multiple axes now have a 4 second cast time and 12 second recast time.
- Berserker - Reduced the skill damage modifier by 50 on Blind Rage Discipline and Berserking Discipline, Sundering Discipline by 33, and Brutal Discipline by 30 due to innate AA increases. This is designed to keep melee burns the same (or higher) while increasing damage at all other times.
- Monk - Moved the Echo of Misdirection line from timer 6 to timer -1.
- Monk - Moved the Phantom/Apparition line from timer 9 to timer -1.
- Monk - Moved Vigorous Shuriken from timer 14 to timer -1.
- Monk - Moved Drunken Monkey Style from timer 14 to timer -1.
- Monk - Reduced the skill damage modifier on Innerflame Discipline and its upgrades (Crystalpalm, Diamondpalm, Terrorpalm) by 50 due to innate AA increases. This is designed to keep melee burns the same (or higher) while increasing damage at all other times.
- Rogue - Moved the Blinding Flash line from timer 8 to timer -1.
- Rogue - Reduced the skill damage modifier on Duelist Discipline and its upgrades (Assassin, Eradicator, Executioner) by 50 due to innate AA increases. This is designed to keep melee burns the same (or higher) while increasing damage at all other times.
- Warrior - Moved the Bracing Defense line from timer 6 to timer -1.
- Warrior - Moved Throat Jab from timer 9 to timer -1.
- Warrior - Moved Commanding Voice from timer 9 to timer -1.
- Warrior - Moved Champion's Aura and Myrmidon's Aura from timer 10 to timer -1.
- Warrior - Moved the Field Armorer line from timer 10 to timer -1.
- Warrior - Moved Lionhearted Rally-Cry from timer 12 to timer -1.
- Warrior - Reduced the skill damage modifier on Fellstrike Discipline by 50 due to innate AA increases. This is designed to keep melee burns the same (or higher) while increasing damage at all other times.
*** AA ***
- Implemented the following changes in an effort to create an overall increase in damage over time while leaving the damage dealt under the effects of short duration (burn) disciplines at least what it was previously.
- - Starting at level 40 and extending to level 105, all non-caster classes will be granted ranks in a passive AA ability line that increases overall melee damage dealt with all skill types. The percentage increase starts at 10% and increases to 50% by level 65 for all classes. For levels 70 through 105 the percentage increase scales differently per class.
- Ranger - Created a new AA ability called Gladestrider's Leap. It is available starting at level 85 from the Underfoot expansion.
- Ranger - All ranks of the Journeyman's Speed ability now reduce the re-use time for Gladestrider's Leap.
- All pet classes now have an activated AA ability called Companion's Calm Demeanor. This ability, when activated, will reduce the hatred generated by your summoned pets by 40%.
- Enchanter - Renamed the ability Deep Sleep to Projected Somnolence.
- Enchanter - Projected Somnolence retains the chance to trigger Deep Sleep on a mesmerized target, but now also has a 100% chance to trigger Somnolence when the enchanter casts a level 65 or higher cripple spell.
- - Each rank of Somnolence is an equivalent accuracy debuff to each rank of Deep Sleep but does not offer the attack speed debuff (Deep Sleep's Malaise) imparted by rank 6 and higher of Deep Sleep.
- Magician - Fixed the following issues with the line "Frenzied Burnout":
- - Ranks 1-9 now have a functioning flurry chance. This chance is additive with the owner's passive pet flurry chance AA abilities. (The flurry chance on Ranks 7-9 previously did not function for pets.)
- - Ranks 1-9 now have a defined rampage chance. Note: a pet's rampage attacks will not break mesmerization. (Previously, only rank 1 of this AA line and no other had a special case that caused the magician's pet alternate flurry chance and rampage chance. This special case for rank 1 has been removed and now ranks 1-9 have a defined rampage chance.)
- Warrior - Corrected a bug that prevented the ability Dual-Wielding Proficiency from being activated if the warrior had a piercing weapon in their primary hand and a one-handed blunt weapon in their secondary hand.
*** Progression Servers ***
- Increased the maximum number of adventurers that can be in any load balanced version of the Commonlands.
- Many of the bosses in the Ruins of Kunark will provide more of a challenge on Progression Servers. Bosses in the Ruins of Kunark will only spawn in the base version of their zone.
- Returned the defensive skill values of level 1-65 magician and necromancer pets to match what they were in the Planes of Power era. This will only affect Progression Servers until LDoN unlocks on the server. These changes have no impact on other live servers.
- Raid targets that were previously increased in power on Progression Servers now have the ability Mark of the Old Ways. This will reduce the resistances and melee damage output and increase incoming melee damage of Magician and Necromancer pets with increasing severity based on the total number of those pets that are attacking the raid target.
- Progression raid targets have had their difficulty reduced, particularly in the Plane of Sky.
*** Miscellaneous ***
- Link-dead (LD) players will no longer be immediately removed from the world.
- /quit now works like /exit.
- Fixed a bug that caused certain raid bosses to stop appearing in instances on live servers. This primarily impacted Lady Vox and Lord Nagafen in Old Man McKenzie's Ancient Heroes missions.
*** UI ***
- Extended target slots set to display targets that don't exist will now not render a lifebar rather than displaying an empty lifebar with the name "------".
*** Previously Updated ***
- Addressed some world stability issues related to spam filtering.
- You will no longer crash when trying to "View Mine" for an achievement that you cannot view.
- Lowered the AC values of many NPCs in the Arx Mentis raids by up to 45 percent. This should allow melee hits to land for higher damage against these targets.
- The EverQuest Team
August 14, 2015 - Necro/SK Harmshield Hammer
In the upcoming patch there is a new quest for Necromancers and Shadow Knights, the reward is Corrupted Hammer of Consternation, a Harmshield Procing 1hb weapon. There is a side benefit with this quest addition for Paladins and Clerics wanting their DA Hammer, Divine Hammer of Consternation. Praetorian Myral who drops it will be reduced to a random 40m-8h? re-spawn instead of his normal approximately 2 day re-spawn.
Not sure if there is a level requirement, but I think anyone like level 65+ can to do this without trouble.
Head over to Grieg's End and you will need to kill Praetorian Myral (as indicated by on the map), you will need the Scythe of Sundering (Optional- you only need it if you know no one with it that can proc it and turn in the Flesh to spawn the shade for you) and Divine Hammer of Consternation from him. You can tell what he will drop as he will equip and display both of these weapons.
Click Image for Full Size
With the Scythe of Sundering you will need to melee proc it on mobs until you have up to 4x Chunk of Flesh, gotten from procing the scythe. (Optional- you only need it if you know no one with it that can proc it and turn in the Flesh to spawn the shade for you)
After this head to the fleshless bones in Mons Letalis (as indicated by on the map). This is inside the underground cave part.
Click Image for Full Size
Turn in the 4x Chunk of Flesh to the fleshless bones. This will spawn a shade npc, turn in the Divine Hammer of Consternation to it and you will be given the Corrupted Hammer of Consternation.
August 13, 2015 - Living Legacy Active + Next Year of Events
Living Legacy 1 & 2 - IRA Marathon and IRA Sprint went active on August 5th, these last until August 19th.
Living Legacy 3 & 4 - Endurance and Avatar of Despair will go active on August 19th and go until September 2nd.
We have also put the next years worth of EQ events into our EQ Calendar (Be sure to set it to your time zone [in settings on the Calendar] for your times!).
Note- These dates are subject to change of course. And there may be more things added as time goes on (such as possible pre-launch events, next years anniversary content, etc), so be sure to check back!
August 10, 2015 - General Maintenance tomorrow morning
Attention players: we will perform a general maintenance beginning at 7:00AM PDT* on Tuesday, August 11. The current estimated downtime for this maintenance is two to four hours, depending on the service.
This maintenance may impact the following Daybreak services across all games:
Game logins for all Daybreak games
Forum & Web logins for all Daybreak games
Commerce and account management for all Daybreak games
PLEASE NOTE: This is not a game-specific maintenance. There will be no update or patch notes.
Thank you for your patience as we complete this maintenance.
~The Team at Daybreak
See this and more in our EQ Calendar (be sure to set it to your time zone for your times!)